Search This Blog

December 12, 2011

Welcome

My intent in blogging is to improve my backgammon skill.  I killed my prior blog, " Bill Blogs Backgammon," upon deciding the "work to fun ratio" was out of whack.  I am back now for a couple reasons.  First, enough time has passed to where I am motivated to study again.  Also, I have noticed my skill deteriorating as I preferred play over study.

I hope the act of blogging will keep my mind on the game, and force me to balance playing with practice.  While I happily share my work here for anyone who is interested, I don't want to place any undue pressure on myself to maintain an active blog.  I will write when it suits me.

I expect to write general notes on fundamentals of the game.  In the past, topics included opening replies, notes from Bill Robertie's 501 Essentials book, racing formulas, etc.  I expect to cover some of the same material here, expecially since I literally destroyed the archive of my previous blog.  Additionally, I expect to write about blunders from my own matches.

1 comment:

  1. Bill I'd love to get together and play match or money play and have you analyze it and blog about it. I learned some very nice plays by browsing through your blog! If your interested in getting together to play my email address is DanielQuinn2185@gmail.com let me know if your interested and if so when you would be available. If I hear back from you I'll send you my cell so we can set everything up! Hope to hear from you soon,
    Backgammon's Broken Man,
    Danny Quinn

    ReplyDelete